The National Youth Council was approached by Neville Tomkins (International Commissioner of Scouts Australia) to propose ideas on how the International Funds Committee could best utilise its funds to support youth members in attending international Scouting events and participating in international Scouting activities. Continue reading
We are very excited at the National Youth Council because The World Organization of the Scouting Movement (WOSM) has released their final copy of their Youth Involvement Policy. Why are we so excited? We were apart of the process of creating it. We were involved reviewing and helping shape this document into something National Scouting Organisations can use as a basis for youth involvement across the world. Continue reading
The National Youth Council is very excited to announce 9 brand new members to the council. These members will join us at our Autumn Conference in Brisbane, in March this year.
Congratulations to the incoming members of the NYC in 2015 are:
Ben H – WA
Cara M – VIC
Chris B – VIC
Nyapal C- VIC
Sabella S – QLD
Nathan L – NSW
Meg C – NSW
Eleanor H – ACT
Narelle B – TAS
Congratulate them below in the comments, and watch them help shape Scouts Australia in 2015-2017.
Do you want to be famous? We have an amazing opportunity available to design the official AJ2016 Scarf. Imagine thousands of people wearing a scarf that you helped design! Every Jamboree attendee pack will contain an official AJ2016 scarf and with the media attention AJ2016 is expecting, your scarf design could be viewed by millions of people, from all over the world.
To participate in creating history you just need to consider the following:
– The theme of AJ2016 is “Leap Into Adventure” and designs should represent this theme
– The colours purple, blue and orange form part of the AJ2016 logo and it would be great to see designs using these colours
– Entries will be accepted from all Scouting members – youth and adults
– Use your creative skills to design the scarf using whatever tools you like – both hand-drawn and computer generated images will be accepted
– The design must be your own work
– Send your design as a .jpg to .pdf file to email@example.com.Alternatively designs can be posted on A3 or A4 paper to: AJ2016 Scarf Design, AJ2016 Marketing, PO Box 125 Lidcombe, NSW 1825. Please note that entries received will not be returned
– All entries are to include your name, Scout Group, contact details (phone number and/or email address) and age for youth member entries. Adults do not need to submit their age.
– All entries to be received by 15th February 2015 where they will be assessed and finalists then announced
– The Jamboree Executive Committee reserve the right to modify submitted designs for scarf production purposes
– Once submitted, all designs become to property of the Scout Association of Australia
Please forward any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org